Fedora Trilby Hats
Consumers Favour Trilby Hats for the Perfect Look for Various Occasions
When consumers don trilby hats or fedoras, they are looking for a fashion statement that they feel helps them stand out from the crowd. Jas Fashion provides hats, caps, and accessories to meet all your customer’s needs. Discover why boutiques, retail stores, and online buyers find our products an outstanding choice.
What You Should Know about Fedora Hats
Consumers who follow the latest trend in hats flock to stores when confident about the proprietor that understands fashion. Fedoras entered into the mainstream at the end of the 19th century and continue to surface as fashion icons today.
- Indiana Jones’ fedora is still one of the most recognisable hats around the world since Raiders of the Lost Ark first premiered in 1981. When creating the film, George Lucas envisioned a hat worn by his childhood heroes from the 1940’s film noir era, starring the likes of Humphrey Bogart in the Maltese Falcon.
- The fedora gained a following for criminals like Al Capone, the detectives of the 1940s, and business executives in the 1950s.
- Justin Timberlake and Johnny Depp brought a return of interest to them in the 21st century after Harrison Ford’s popularity put the hat back on the map. We know for sure that keeping an inventory of fedoras in any hat shop ensures sales for those consumers who want nostalgia, the latest trend, or something to keep their head protected rain or shine.
When Buying Trilby hats, Consider This
Whether you don a fedora or a trilby depends on several factors. Discover how your build and style match up to two hats that are still going strong.
- The difference between the fedoras and trilby hats has to do with the brim. Traditionally the fedora has a wide brim and a wide ribbon, while the trilby’s brim is narrow with a narrow bow. Consumers will savour the wool hats in winter, and don the trilby straw hats when the summer sun arrives.
- The choice of which hat to wear depends on the current trends, but also other factors. The fedora would be advisable if you are tall or have broad shoulders, while a trilby would complement a shorter person with a slighter build since a fedora could overpower them. While they invoked masculinity during previous centuries, they later acquired a trendy brand for the urbanite looking for a stylish and sleek appearance.
- In years past, social rules dictated what to wear with each hat, and the fedora would require a suit and smart overcoat. Indiana Jones threw that stereotype out the window as the treasure hunter and rugged adventurer dressed in open shirt and trousers, sporting his fedora with aplomb. The trilby was once considered a rich man’s hat, seen at the horse races in Britain.
Today it is worn with straight-legged jeans, a t-shirt, and a bomber jacket, ensuring a casual, less stuffy reputation.
About Jas Fashion
As a family-run wholesaler, we strive to provide hats, caps, and accessories to meet all your needs. With over ten years in the fashion business, our reputation means flexible and speedy service both at our retail location and our online store. When you want the best, let us provide all the products to meet the various desires of your customers.
Start today to build stock in trilby and fedora hats that please consumers. Please contact us with any questions.