Fascinators & Event Headpieces
The Beauty of Fascinators and Where to Find ThemIf you aren’t familiar with fascinators, they are simply small hats typically worn by women. These stylish accessories have been on the market for decades, often chosen for weddings, cocktail events, corporate events, horse races, and so on. You can find a wide variety of fascinators and other headwear at Jas Fashion.
Benefits of the Fascinator Hat
If you’re looking for the perfect fashion accessory for a special occasion, a fascinator is a great choice. Here are some of the benefits of wearing fascinators in Australia.
- They’re stylish. Do you love the look of hats? Or have you always wanted to wear a hat but haven’t found the right one for you? Consider a fascinator, an excellent way to try on a brand-new look. Experiment with all the different styles and colours available to find the perfect way to complete your outfit.
- They’re ideal for weddings. Are you looking for the right accessory for a wedding or other special event? You can always find a fascinator that blends seamlessly with your dress. Choose from a pink, blue, green, red, or black fascinator, just to name a few. Or, if you’re the bride, a white fascinator could be the touch of elegance your bridal gown needs.
- They’re affordable. If you love to stay on top of the latest trends but hate spending money on something that you’ll only wear once or twice, don’t worry. There are so many cheap fascinators available that you can choose one for every outfit. They’re on-trend and timeless at once, giving you a cost-effective way to make a big fashion statement.
What You Should Know About Buying Fascinators Online
So, you have decided to buy a fascinator, but don’t know how to go about choosing the right one. There are indeed so many different options available that it may be hard to narrow down your options. Here are a few tips for ending up with one (or three) that you love.
- Consider the rest of your outfit. If you already have a dress or other clothing picked out for your planned event, think about how you want your fascinator to look alongside your other pieces. Your hat doesn’t need to match your handbag and shoes perfectly, but a complementary colour or common theme will help you create a more cohesive look.
- Take dress length into account. The length of your dress should influence your choice of fascinator. For example, if you’re planning to wear a long dress, you can choose a larger, more ornate fascinator. If your dress is less formal but still appropriate for a dressy event, play with a smaller fascinator for a polished look.
- Know the shape of your face. When it comes to things that frame your face, such as hats, jewellery, and your own hair, your face shape matters. If your face is rounder, for instance, you can draw the eye away with a fascinator that sits at an angle on your head. Narrow faces may look best with a wider fascinator with a brim. A softer fascinator with plenty of curves can offset a square face.
Tip Regarding Hair Fascinators
Once you’ve found a fascinator that you love, and that goes well with your special-occasion outfit, all you have to do is wear it well. Luckily, this isn’t rocket science. Here are a few tips to point you in the right fashion direction.
- Wear it to one side. Your fascinator is meant to be worn on the side of your head. You can wear it on either side, although traditionally it is worn on the right. You may also choose to wear it on the front of your head for a bolder look, although this position may be a little less comfortable.
- Avoid blocking other people’s view. Skip the fascinator if you’re heading to a play or cinema. Its height is likely to block the view of the people sitting behind you, and it won’t be as easy to remove as a regular hat.
- Skip the hair washing. Just-washed hair may not hold a fascinator in place as well as hair that hasn’t been washed in a day or so. Washing your hair the day before the event can help you create the grip needed, but it won’t look dirty yet.
- Feel free to add reinforcements. Depending on your fascinator, you may need to add a few extra pins or combs or even a headband (worn behind the ears, not under the chin) to hold your hat in place. You can use any combination of these – or all three to create the secure hold that you need.
About Jas Fashion
Jas Fashion offers a wide range of headwear and accessories, including fascinators, chemo headwear, hats and caps, shawls and scarves, gloves, and more. We focus on providing quality pieces at great prices as well as excellent customer service. We ship throughout Australia for your convenience.
Contact us today with any questions or comments.